Stenton Village Hall, East Lothian
The existing hall was completed in the 1913, and is the focus of community activity in Stenton, but was in urgent need of refurbishment in order to continue to meet the needs of its many users. Paterson Architects won an invited competition for the project in 2016. A year later the community was awarded funding by Viridor to bring forward the scheme.
New supporting space and function rooms wrap the existing building, extending the existing hall with a multifunctional gallery space and creating vitally needed catering, storage and washroom facilities, allowing maximum flexibility for the communities varied events.
Structural Engineer Quantity Surveyor Main Contractor Robert Rollo and Sons